Agenda and Minutes

11th July 2018

NOTICE OF MEETING

There will be a meeting of the Parish Council on Wednesday 18th July 2018
at 7.30 p.m., in the Jeff Gill Room of the Village Hall, Great Ouseburn
All meetings of the Parish Council are open to the public, and the agenda for the meeting is set out below.
Leoni Evely
Clerk to the Parish Council
AGENDA
2018. 061 Apologies for absence
2018. 062 Declarations of Interest. All Parish Councillors are Trustees of the Village Hall and declare their personal interests in the Village Hall. Members to indicate whether they will be declaring any other interests under the Code of Conduct.
2018. 063 Minutes of the previous meeting. To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 27th June 2018.
2018. 064 Public Participation. Any member of the public present at the meeting may make representations, answer questions or give evidence in relation to the business to be transacted. Members of the council who have a prejudicial interest in relation to any item of business to be transacted may also speak in relation to that matter.
Please note that the Chairman will control this session and will exercise his discretion as to the amount of time allowed for public participation. No decisions are made at this part of the meeting – this will be done by the Council having heard and noted the representations made:
2018. 065 Progress Reports. To receive progress reports as follows:
2018.65.1 LDP Affordable Housing Site, Branton (minute 2012.074 refers).
2018.65.2 The Free Landing
2018.65.3 Highways issues
a) NYCC – Boat Lane Grass Path
b) Moor Lane issues
c) Queen Ethelburgas lighting update
d) Pipers Pond
2018.65.4 Tree Management
2018.65.5 Commuted Sums
2018.65.6 Fishpond conservation area a) proposal to discuss Mr Fred Jackson memorial.
2018.65.7 Allotments:
a) Ian Jakulis, The Conservation Volunteers update.
2018.65.8 Children’s Play Area: a) to discuss the Dog Warden HBC, Dog Fouling Order/Dogs on a lead on the playing field.
b) Sovereign Playground Design and Quotation dated 2 June 2017
2018.65.9 Development of land to houses and new Public House at Branton Green.
2018.65.10 Village Hall ‘Disaster Plan’: update re: signage
2018.65.11 Neil Terrett e-mail dated the 31st May 2017 regarding a Neighbourhood Plan
2018. 066 Planning decisions notified by Harrogate Borough Council.
2018.66.01 Yorvik Homes Ltd, Abeokuta, Branton Lane, Great Ouseburn YO26 9RT 6.80.1.C.DVCON 18/01136/DVCON Application for variation of condition 2 (drawings) to allow for solar panals, alteration to fenestration and erection of boundary wall/post and rail fencing of planning permission 17/00857/FUL – Erection of 1 dwelling, detached garage and formation of new vehicular access (revised scheme): Approved subject to conditions.
2018.66.02 Mrs S Hunter-Smart, Yeomans Cottage, Main Street, Great Ouseburn, YO26 9RQ 6.80.25.A.LB 18/01818/LB Listed building consent removal and re-render of front elevation with a lime render, replacement of 2no windows and removal and re plastering of front internal elevation: Approved subject to conditions.
2018.66.03 Mr John Bates, Townend Farm, Main Street, Great Ouseburn, YO26 9RG 6.80.52.TPO 18/01967/TPO Felling of Weeping Willow Tree; crown lift (to2m) and crown reduction (by 3m) of Cherry Tree within TPO 34/2001: Approved subject to conditions.
2018.66.04 Mr & Mrs K Nellist, Branton Grange, Pipers Lane, YO26 9RT 6.80.30.J.FUL 18/01147/FUL Modifications to living accommodation to include internal alterations and alterations to fenestration: Approved subject to conditions.
2018.66.05 Mr & Mrs K Nellist, Branton Grange, Pipers Lane, YO26 9RT 6.80.30.K.LB 18/01148/LB Listed building consent for the modifications to living accommodation to include granny flat, new staircase, removal and erection of internal walls and installation of windows and doors: Approved subject to conditions.
To note any decisions received after publication of this agenda and prior to the meeting: none to date.
2018. 067 Planning Applications
To consider any planning applications received after publication of this agenda and prior to the meeting: none to date
General items:
2018. 068 Allison Wells email dated 29.05.18 re: Parish Council Communication: DM update
2018. 069 Nick Oswald, Great Ouseburn Primary School email dated 01.07.18 re: signage
2018. 070 Allison Wells email dated 09.07.18 re: Dog Bin Church Field Lane.
2018. 071 Police and Crime Commissioner North Yorkshire email dated 06.07.18– Neighbourhood Policing Survey
2018. 072 Kate Taylor, Sporting Start email dated 09.07.18 re: Use of Playing Field
2018. 073 Emma McIntosh, Harrogate Borough Council Budget 2019-2020 Consultation
Items received after publication of this agenda and prior to the meeting: none to date
2018. 074 Questions from Councillors. To consider questions from Councillors.
2018. 075 Statement of accounts for the period 1st April 2018 – 31st March 2019 To consider the statement of accounts for the current year and approve payments therein.
2018.075.01 Jennifer Love, Harrogate Borough Council – Annual Play Area Inspection £66
2018.075.02 Keith Scott – Cardiac Science – 2 sets of Replacement Electrodes for Defibrillator £62.34
2018.075.05 HSBC – Bank Signatures
Finance items received after publication of this agenda and prior to the meeting: none to date
2018. 076 General Circulation Correspondence received – for information only. This was noted and passed for circulation by the clerk
2018.076.01 NALC Chief Executive’s Bulletin: 22 June: (email dated 25.06.18)
2018.076.02 Community First Yorkshire Newsletter JUNE 2018 – (Email 27.06.18)
2018.076.03 Clerks and Councils Direct July 2018 issue 118
2018.076.04 NALC Chief Executive’s Bulletin: 29 June: (email dated 02.07.18)
2018.076.05 NALC Chief Executive’s Bulletin: 6 July: (email dated 06.07.18)
2018.076.06 White Rose Update July 2018 (email dated 11.07.18)
2018. 077 Reports from representatives. To receive reports from the Council’s representatives on the following organisations:
2018.77.1. Village Hall Committee
2018.77.2. Police Liaison Group
2018.77.3. Yore Vision
2018. 078 Matters for inclusion on the next Agenda.
2018. 079 Date and Time of next meeting. To confirm that the next meeting of the Council will be held on Wednesday 19th September 2018 at 7.30 p.m. in the Village Hall, Great Ouseburn. p.m.

Minutes of a meeting of the Parish Council held on Wednesday 27th June 2018 at 7.30 p.m. in the Jeff Gill Room, Village Hall, Great Ouseburn.
Present: Cllr K Scott (Chairman), Cllr D Meakin and Cllr R Jones.
In Attendance: Mrs L Evely (Clerk)
Also present: Cllr A Myatt (HBC), PC Jan Powell (NYCC Police) and 0 members of the public.
2018. 42 Apologies for absence: Cllr B Robinson (Vice Chairman), Cllr S Wilkinson, Cllr D Jorgensen, Cllr R Kay and Cllr A Paraskos (NYCC).
2018. 43 Declarations of Interest. All Parish Councillors are Trustees of the Village Hall and declare their personal interests in the Village Hall. Members to indicate whether they will be declaring any other interests under the Code of Conduct.
2018. 44 Minutes of the previous meeting. To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 23rd May 2018: All present approved the minutes.
2018. 45 Public Participation. Any member of the public present at the meeting may make representations, answer questions or give evidence in relation to the business to be transacted. Members of the council who have a prejudicial interest in relation to any item of business to be transacted may also speak in relation to that matter. Please note that the Chairman will control this session and will exercise his discretion as to the amount of time allowed for public participation. No decisions are made at this part of the meeting – this will be done by the Council having heard and noted the representations made: nil
2018. 46 Progress Reports. To receive progress reports as follows:
2018.46.1 LDP Affordable Housing Site, Branton (minute 2012.074 refers): no news
2018.46.2 The Free Landing: no news
2018.46.3 Highways issues: Handy man to erect fallen Street name posts, Branton Lane, Light Mire Lane and Pipers Lane at Dunsforth end.
a) NYCC – Boat Lane Grass Path: ongoing DM and KS to agree a time and date to finish
b) Moor Lane issues: no news
c) Queen Ethelburgas lighting update: no news
d) Pipers Pond: no news
2018.46.4 Tree Management: no news
2018.46.5 Commuted Sums: no news
2018.46.6 Fishpond conservation area: Grant meeting on Fishpond Bridge taking place on Friday the 29th June at 1pm a) proposal to discuss Mr Fred Jackson memorial: Little Ouseburn PC next meeting will be in July.
2018.46.7 Allotments: no news
a) Ian Jakulis, The Conservation Volunteers update: no news
2018.46.8 Children’s Play Area: no news a) to discuss the Dog Warden HBC, Dog Fouling Order/Dogs on a lead on the playing field: The meeting was changed therefore they are seeing if they can attend in July.
b) Sovereign Playground Design and Quotation dated 2 June 2017: The clerk is to pass the contacts onto DM to arrange a meeting. The meetings can be held in the Committee Room at the Village Hall just need to book the date with Paula Mitchell.
2018.46.9 Development of land to houses and new Public House at Branton Green: no news
2018.46.10 Village Hall ‘Disaster Plan’: The invoice has been paid to Steven Dresser. DM reported that in an emergency a lead will be supplied when a generator is hired. DM kindly offered to erect a poster at the switch point with contact numbers on. KS will laminate the poster. This item can now be removed from the agenda.
2018.46.11 Neil Terrett e-mail dated the 31st May 2017 regarding a Neighbourhood Plan: A new scheme is starting in May. Cllr Myatt will look into this and pass the information onto us.
2018. 47 Planning decisions notified by Harrogate Borough Council.
To note any decisions received after publication of this agenda and prior to the meeting: none to date.
2018. 48 Planning Applications
2018.48.1 Mrs S Hunter Smart, Yeomans Cottage, Main Street, Great Ouseburn YO26 9RQ 6.80.25.A.LB 18/01818/LB Listed building consent removal and re-render of front elevation, replacement of 2no windows and removal and re plastering of front internal elevation: The Councillors present discussed this application and had no objections.
To consider any planning applications received after publication of this agenda and prior to the meeting: none to date
General items:
2018. 049 NALC: 2018 model standing orders – updated version for approval: This version was adopted, signed and dated by the Chairman.
2018. 050 YLCA email dated 15.05.18: YLCA Branch Parish Council Representatives: The additional two representatives confirmed are Cllr Meakin and Cllr Jones.
2018. 051 Harrogate Borough Council – email dated 25.05.18 – Harrogate District Community Infrastructure Levy: Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule Consultation: Councillor’s do not wish to respond to the consultation.
2018. 052 Allison Wells email dated 29.5.18 re: Parish Council Communication: With the new GDPR regulations we have limitations but agree with certain items such as major planning applications or events we can advertise this information via Judith Burton’s village e-mail list. However we need to stress with us only having meetings once a month and no meeting at all in August it depends when this information comes in as to how much notice the public also gets. Sometimes we receive a planning application on the day of the meeting and cannot be left until the next meeting due to deadlines. Then on the opposite end there is often few week’s notice. Keith has also agreed to advertise big events/planning via Facebook.
2018. 053 Public Consultation – Harrogate BC draft Sport and Leisure Strategy 2018-2023 email dated 06.06.18: Cllr Scott will complete.
2018. 054 James Mackman Internal Audit Conclusion dated the 9th June 2018: This was read out by the Chairman.
Items received after publication of this agenda and prior to the meeting: none to date
2018. 055 Questions from Councillors. To consider questions from Councillors: DM cut down the trees at Fishpond Bridge however this was a struggle as they were too overgrown. DM recommends that this is done earlier in the year Oct/Nov or Feb/Mar time with more volunteers.
There have been complaints about the red van abandoned under The Avenue Lime trees. KS will have a word with the owner to remove.
DM requested the clerk to e-mail Judith Burton to forward an e-mail to the village distribution list regarding the Green Hammerton consultation planning ref 18/02240/EIAMAJ closes on the 13/07/18.
2018. 056 Statement of accounts for the period 1st April 2018 – 31st March 2019 To consider the statement of accounts for the current year and approve payments therein: All present agreed as a true and accurate record.
P8/18
B Robinson (Grass Cutting fuel receipts mar/Apr.)
£40.00
P9/18
James Mackman (Internal Audit Fee)
£80.00
P10/18
Edward Pearson (Grass cutting fuel receipt March)
£26.11
P11/18
Steven J Dresser Electrical (GOVH Disaster plan)
£780.00
P12/13
Nigel Roskilly (Groundwork maintenance)
£170.00
P13/13
CPRE (Annual membership fee)
£36.00
Current account balance @ 14.05.18:
20,130.83
Deposit account balance @ 30.04.18:
1,412.15
Reserves account balance 14.05.18:
2,096.74
Less unpresented cheques/transfer:
1,132.11
Add unbanked receipts/transfers:
Total:
22,507.61
2018.056.01 YLCA ‘Developing your skills as a councillor; training course (2 places) £90: approved
2018.056.02 Mark the Mole Man Invoice number 0175 £90: approved
Finance items received after publication of this agenda and prior to the meeting: none to date
2018. 057 General Circulation Correspondence received – for information only. This was noted and passed for circulation by the clerk
2018.057.01 Charity Commission News – May 2018 (Email 30.05.18)
2018.057.02 NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF LOCAL COUNCILS – CHIEF EXECUTIVE’S BULLETIN NO. 22: 1 JUNE 2018 – (Email 05.06.18)
2018.057.03 NALC Chief Executive’s Bulletin: 15 June: (email dated 19.06.18)
2018. 058 Reports from representatives. To receive reports from the Council’s representatives on the following organisations:
2018.58..1. Village Hall Committee: no news
2018.58..2. Police Liaison Group: Since the last meeting PC Powell has attended 2 broken down vehicles on Boroughbridge Road, 1 domestic incident on Pipers Lane. It has also been reported that a chap on a scooter/moped is dealing drugs such as cannabis around the Branton Lane area. The police request all residents to be vigilant and report anything suspicious.
2018.58..3. Yore Vision: no news
2018. 059 Matters for inclusion on the next Agenda: Bank Signatures
2018. 060 Date and Time of next meeting. To confirm that the next meeting of the Council will be held on Wednesday 18th July 2018 at 7.30 p.m. in the Village Hall, Great Ouseburn. p.m.
With there being no further business the meeting closed at 9.05pm